NOT UNICORNS. OWLS.
Having Adobe Creative Suite on your Mac doesn’t make you a designer. Just like having a phone that you use to take pics of Fido doesn’t make you a photographer. Just like posting pics of Fido on Instagram doesn’t make you a social media guru.
At Merit, we believe when it comes to your craft, to your discipline, what makes you good at what you do is your passion, focus and determination to be the very best at what you do. You may be able to do a lot of things well, but we’re searching for someone who does a couple of things better than anyone else.
We’re not looking for a unicorn, a mythical creature that bleeds pure silver and poops rainbows: we’re looking for an owl. An efficient, ferocious hunter with unparalleled vision, uncommon wisdom and an uncanny ability to fly under the radar.
- Able to take print/web/social projects from an art director/designer and get them “press-ready”
- Understanding of web design, including responsive design, and ability to assist in the creation and provide support for the front-end of web-based designs
- Resourcing and editing images for use in design comps and moodboards
- Capable of producing GIF animation/motion
- Ability to take a concept from an art director/designer and bring it to life based upon the direction given
- Portfolio should demonstrate a clear understanding of visual hierarchy and layout with diverse visual approaches to solving problems, as well as an understanding of color theory and typography
- Yes, you need experience with Adobe Creative Suite, bonus if you know After Effects, Lightroom, Premiere and/or XD
- Communicative and collaborative with a healthy (not harmful) ego and a desire to grow professionally
- 2–5 years of relevant experience
Merit is a three-year-old agency that’s building a company people want to work for and with. We’re built upon the idea that one size does not fit all. That advertising isn’t always the answer. That the medium doesn’t matter.
We’re a bunch of creative thinkers who don’t want to play by the rules and don’t want clients who want to play by the rules.
And neither do you.
MERIT BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Flexible work schedule
- Bucket lists (we give you bonus cash to have fun outside the office)
- Summer Flex Fridays
- Mobile working options
- Generous vacation package
- 12 Wellness Days per year
- Continuing education options
You’ll report to the Chief Creative Officer. Email your work to: email@example.com. Include “OWL” in the subject line.